Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Little steps back and more paperwork

I got a phone call yesterday from Eileen who is the nurse assigned to us from CA Fertility Partners. Apparently the blood sample they took from me on Friday didn't make it to the lab in time, so they couldn't do a good CBC and diff. They've asked me to find a local lab and have the blood test done again and faxed to them.

Last night I found a local lab, and today went there during my lunch break to have my blood draw. None of this of course is covered by my insurance, so I'll have to see what the cost of this is going to be. I'm going to be billed directly for this latest blood draw.

In addition LH and I sat down last night and went over the legal agreement sent to me by Will Halm's office for the surrogacy agreement, and also went over the consent forms that CA Fertility Partners gave me to review.

The surrogacy agreement looked pretty standard, so we agreed to okay it, but the consent forms are going to take a little more study. There are some heavy duty decisions we have to make as part of the consent forms. These decisions include disposition of any left over fertilized embryos. What's the right decision. I'm not sure, but we're going to have to decide soon.

No comments: