Tuesday, August 24, 2004

More paperwork, more calls, but we're closer!

I got a call yesterday from Kim, the psychiatrist we're working with at Growing Generations. Only I didn't know it was here, I didn't hear her correctly when she identified herself, so I spent this phone conversation wondering who the heck I was talking to. It wasn't until near the end of the phone conversation, that I asked her who was on the phone. I then had to apologize, and I realized I must seemed extremely stand-offish during the whole call where she was asking how the meeting with PB and her husband went.

We got more paperwork including the retainer agreement with Fertility Futures, the egg donor agreement, and additional paperwork from CA Fertility Partners. More to read and more to sign.

I also got a bill from CA Fertility Partners for the phone consultation with Dr. Ringler. It also sunk in for the first time that all these medical costs are going to have to paid out of my own pocket, since my Kaiser coverage won't cover anything out of Kaiser!

I got a call from Erica this morning asking about scheduling and if I had spoken with the nurse over at CA Fertility Partners and the scheduling for my Europe trip.

I called her back and confirmed that I had and asked her for a status on the blood work I had done. But apparently the paperwork still hasn't come back yet, so we're still waiting on that one.

Kim did mention to me that I could contact PB and let her know how we're doing, so I'm going to try and send her and her husband an e-mail either today or tomorrow.

No comments: