Friday, August 27, 2004

Medical Clearance

After a rocky start with my blood tests (with the CBC not working out that I mentioned earlier), the lab that actually performed all the blood and urine tests took longer than expected. Results finally came back yesterday, and I heard from Eileen that I'll be getting the medical clearance to go forward, as there was nothing strange in any of the results.

Nothing strange to her at least. It's very disturbing when you have a belief, and you've held that belief most of your life, to be told that you wrong, that you weren't who you believed yourself to be. My whole life (since about the 4th grade), I've thought that my blood type was B+. This didn't seem strange at all to me, since that's my mom's blood type, and my dad's blood type is O+. In the fourth grade we tested our own blood with these do it yourself kits, and I was pretty sure my blood type came out to B+. So imagine my surprise yesterday when Eileen came back and told me that my blood type is O+. I guess back in the fourth grade, somehow the do it yourself kit messed up.

A belief I've held for almost 30 years, just turned upside down! LH had a good laugh over this yesterday. But the good news is all the results looked fine, and we're pretty much sure we can go forward.

Eileen also mentioned that we're going to target October 15 for egg retrieval and October 18 for the transfer. We're definitely rolling now!

No comments: